- the heroes return to Argent and their time successful in their quest to retrieve the sky stone from the past
- Scathe heads to WinterHaven to and word to the Gnome nation about Basta and to check on his own interests
- in the morning Obamar gives them two of the newly crafted items from the Sky stone. To Darrow he gave a silver Bow that almost glows with an internal power
- to Ak’raa he gives a silver staff similar to Darrow’s bow.
- over breakfast discussions and the playing of the new toys the heroes have an unsteady thrumbing resounds through the city. Obanar’s image flashes before the heroes calling then to the Guardian Tower.
- new assaults upon the city have begun. This time it’s not just a theft attempt. This is the first full out assault the city has had in almost 600 years. The Giants have started to move an the Hill Giants are here.
- the heroes are dispatched to the Landing pad that was used to receive flying guests to the city. Because there has been limited power and Obanar has been stretched for abilities being on his own the shield of protection has weak spots. Not expecting Giants to fly Obanar had let it be weak in the air.
- the heroes arrive at the landing pad in time to see three Rocs drop off a giant each and fly away. The shield flashes with power and reforms trapping the giants and one Roc who was a bit behind within it. The shield flashes with power and the heroes see one of the Rocs scream with pain as it is severed by the shield. Half dropping to the ground in the inside, the outside it rolls down the outside of the shield making it flare and flash with purple power with each impact. The remaining force inside hesitates.
- The team separates into two groups and though it takes some time they manage to repel the invading unit
- once they recovered Obanar agrees that he needs help with the city when the Heroes are not away. Normally he would be capable, now that the Giants are getting aggressive this is less likely. He suggests the Heroes find the Torrians next.
- Obanar tells them team that there are two options to searching for the Torrians. The first is to search the Proctor’s old residence, the second is to use magic to witness a specific time in the past. They decide to try both options. He gives Fayde & Ak’raa two vials of purple liquid and sends them to the field outside the house, while Darrow and Cid decide to search the house.
Fayde & Ak’raa’s Investigation
- Fayde and Ak’raa down the vials and a think mist rises from the ground around them.
- they watch as the last Proctor of Argent comes out of his house and begins to address the Torrians gathered there. The whole city seems to be there.
- Thror begins to speak and the two are helpless as they see him not only speak, but cast a spell over the crowd. Speaking some someone called Physandros
- Thror “convinces” his people to leave the city and settle off somewhere called the Sheltered Woods.
- he finishes his speech and as the people start to leave to pack their belongings the two witnesses see all the Torrians with glassy looks on their faces and in a sort of trance state. They also see Thror was a very smug look on his face and a barley perceptible cloud hanging per his head. It has a demonic tint to it an as Fayde and Ak’raa start to come back from their vision they get an unclean feeling from the whole situation.
Cid & Darrow’s Investigation
- As the mists Take their teammates Cid & Darrow enter the Proctor’s house. They discover a hidden room.
- in the room they find records of Thror, the last Proctor of Argent. The records have been modified. They do not match records in the main part of the house. Thror was accepting rediculously large sums of gold from someone named Physandros.
- it was in complete secret from the Silver Cloaks
- the papers and letters and even the gold is all tainted with serious dark magic that makes Cid cringe. There was a powerful spell cast on Thror that added to the greed that trapped him in the first place
The Group Rejoined
- the two teams come back together and share what they have learned. They decide to see if Obanar can send them to the Torrians.
- when the magic from the portal clears the team finds themselves surrounded by lush forest. Tropical plants they have never seen before sway in the wind. Birds of a multitude of colours cry out and snap up insects. The sound of a river is in the distance to the west.
- Fayde is excited. He knows from his studies from the Wayfinder Association that they are on Xen’drik.
- caution and slow going is the name of the game. They head to the river and after Darrow makes an attempt at swimming and starts to get swept away by the current the rest of the team grabs a rope and sends Ak’raa who takes a running start and launches herself across the river. Having a slimmer frame, for a Dragonborn she does a flip or two and lands with a flurry of blue robes and flecks of lightning flashing from the bottom of them to the ground lands gracefully. A slight puff of dust wafts up.
- the rest of the team uses the rope to anchor themselves as they cross. Cid uses his whistle of summoning and teleports Darrow to join them. Hunters are not fishermen it seems
- the team continues its quiet careful trek. They see smoke above the tree line suggesting a village. As the river drops out of sight they are confronted by a glassy eyed Torrian.
- Fayde and Ak’raa are quickly convinced that he and the other Torrians that appear out of the woods weapons ready are possessed by the same power they discovered in Argent during their investigations.
- they do their best to convince the Torrians to “snap out of it” but it seems futile. The Torrians begin to attack. Fayde is convinced he can save the leader and tells Ak’raa to assist him an for the other two to keep the rest busy.
- Darrow vanishes into the jungle and is only seen by the arrows that fly through the leaves, decimating the ranged Torrians who were hiding and watching on the other side of the river.
- Cid keeps the two other Torrians at bay. Doing what he can to hinder and incapacitate rather than kill.
- Fayde begin singing weaving his magic of song and music with a dispel that Ak’raa adds to it. The song and magic wash over the Torrian and he loses the Trance look and swears a curse to someone named Physandros and then joins the party telling Fayde “I am Rrendär. I am in your debt.”
*They defeat their attackers and Rrendär takes them to the village
- the village is like any other the team has seen in its travels. Except everyone here is Torrian, and all of them go about their work in complete silence. Torrians cook. Torrians clean. Torrians make repairs on the town’s buildings. Males, females, and children share in the the various tasks equally without any complaints or questions or conversation of any kind.
- one Torrian notices them as they hit the path that leads into the village, and suddenly, as one, the entire town stops what they were doing and looks right at the team.
- A larger than normal Torrian with grey-tinged fur steps forward and introduces himself as Gruthow, he looks at Rrendär the way a father looks at a son when he is in that irritated with him mood…the emotions are heavily mixed with timidness? Maybe even frightened?
- the conversation goes very generically until the Torrians start to hear the heroes talk about Argent. Confusion and confliction starts to dominate Gruthow and his people. The heroes press further about Argent and why the Torrians left.
- Then Gruthow grows tense. his eyes glass over and in an unnatural shrill voice and uncharacteristic smile the Torrian starts to mock the heroes and Obanar. Th new voice introduces himself as Physandros. He offers the heroes to lay down their weapons and join his playthings the Torrians.
- the heroes refuse and start to try to convince the Torrians to come back.
- The shrill voice starts to talk to them from different members of the city, another older male, a female to the right, a child three rows back, all with the uncharacteristic smile, all with the shrill voice.
- Fayde starts to use his power of words, Ak’raa tries to dispel the magic with magic of her own, its not until Cid starts to call upon the power of the silver flame and uses prayers he had learned about in his training about possessions that the spells starts to be broken.
- As he speaks he begins to glow with a blue gklow. a single flame, as if a candle lit in the sky starts to spread to the Torrians, Physandros curses Cid and the heroes. Cid continues to talk about the love and the power of te Flame; about the Torrians home, their honour, and the love tey once had for Argent and their purpose there.
- Physandros screams as the entire village is washes with a fire that burns nothing but him. The glassy look fades from the eyes of the Torrians and a dark malevolent cloud forms in the sky. Physandros curses the Heroes again, “I shall never forget this injury, this INSULT! I shall find you one day! I shall make you pay!" As the cloud drifts north into the hills deeper in he forest.
- The Torrians are grateful, yet still gripped with terror. Gruthow tells them the demon is going to wake the dragon Uthrix. And sends his son Rrendär to take hem to the cave…
- “But I’m a —”
“Shshshshhhh….No Words…” – Cid to a Torrian who was trying to correct him that he was male not female while Cid was flirting and sending the ‘love’ of the Silver Flame throughout the crowd